From its beginning America has represented faith, family and freedom. Sadly, this is no longer the case! Instead America has become increasingly secular, hedonistic and tyrannical.
How have we taken so many steps backwards from these words first penned by our founding fathers:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
I offer the following explanation based on two distinctly separate but convergant dynamics that have resulted in America’s present demise and uncertain future.
- Diligent Liberals
- Comfortable Conservatives
Beginning in the 1960’s young liberals from all walks of life educated themselves in the halls of our finest Universities with the hope of one day reengineering America into their own image.
They weren’t seeking wealth or fame but power. They knew that an education would lead to opportunities within the establiishment which would lead to leadership positions which would ultimately lead to making public policy.
Fast forward fifty years and the fruit of their labor is paying off in the form of elections won, prized government appointments and the accumulation of power at the local, state and federal levels.
The result? Their utopian visions of federalist grandeur are accomplishing exactly what they set out to – an America that looks and feels like them.
They are now the slave-masters forcing their values and policies down the throats of Americans from New York to Los Angeles and many cities in between.
This phenomenon of liberal tyrrany hasn’t happened by accident. It took years of disappointment, incremental change and chipping away at the conservative establishment.
But lo and behold here we are – living in liberal hell.
And though it pains me to admit it, they achieved their goal the right way.
While liberals were seeking power, comfortable conservatives were becoming engineers, innovators, bankers and entrepreneurs. They climbed the corporate ladder, amassed 401K’s and indulged themselves in exotic vacations, backyard bar-b-ques and family reunions.
All the while unaware of their diligent liberal counterparts.
Years of conservative majorities lulled them to sleep thinking that America would always be the America they knew. Sure their may be a turn toward the left once in a while but never a complete departure from our founding conservative principles. Wrong!
Today, men are permitted to use the women’s bathroom, Islamic fundamentalists committ terror and we blame guns not the shooter or ideology. We believe that women have an inherent right to destroy life simply because the life inside of them hasn’t taken a breath of oxygen.
Further, public school children have been and continue to be taught that America’s past military victories we’re unethical and our leaders villains.
Public schools potray our founders as racist, mesongonistic, homophobic, capitalist pigs. The only thing worse is that the students are believing it – hook, line and sinker!
Yes, generation after generation since the 1960’s have been spoon-fed this historical revisionist theory that America is the bad guy and the rest of the world is our victim.
It is precisly these individuals who hate or at the very least are indifferent toward America’s greatness and founding principles.
Just the other day I had a conversation with a young man who is the product of the public school system who told me with a straight face that Radical Islam is not a threat to American national security and that it makes no difference whether we or Russia take charge on setting policy in the Middle East.
Departure From Common Sense
Their are countless more examples of liberal ideology maiming our national common sense, such as, the Houston Mayor Annise Parker, attempting to supeona transcripts of pastors sermons dealing with homosexuality for possible prosecution. Are you kidding me?
Threatening these pastors for teaching the Bible is absurd, tyrannical and un-American.
How about the Judge in Oregon who forced two bakers who refused to bake a cake for a homosexual wedding to pay a fine putting them out of business.
Literally, they put two hard-working, loving, family oriented indiviudals out of business because they chose to say no to violating their conscience. Outrageous!
And more recently, the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeal rendered the decision that Law abiding Californian’s don’t have the right to carry a concealed weapon unless they have a good reason. Good reason?
The good reason is that this fundamental right has been guaranteed to all law abiding American citizens by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. No further permission is required!
Return To The Basics
Conservatives need to return to the basics of civic involvement, parental responsibility, persistence and prayer.
This will work becuase conservative principals are peaceful and prosperous while liberal policies create chaos and further divide the haves from the have nots.
- Get involved in public service whether at the federal, state or local levels and/or support like-minded candidates with our time and money.
- Leverage technology to stay informed of legislation and ballot initiatives that threaten conservative principals.
- Discipline our children teaching them right from wrong instead of treating them like miniature pop-icons and all-stars.
- Return to being our childrens primary academic advisor, counselor and teacher.
- Teach our children the true and accurate history of our Country. We’re not perfect but I dare anyone to show me another country with a more distinguised history.
- Set our childrens education goals to maximize their fullest potential and support them along the way.
- Vote and bring other registered voters with us to the polls.
- Be patient, persistant and pray.
Conservatives cannot afford to be on the sidelines anymore. We must engage today or else their might not be a tomorrow.
- Stop the Facebook rants. Some of you should be ashamed. Really?
- Stop living vicouraouly through your chldren and start being their parent not their manager. Of course they like professional lessons and being toted from field to field but it doesn’t mean it’s what’s best for them or their future.
- Stop treating marriage like a piece of Ikea furniture. Marriage is a lifelong committment that has a beaufiful ending for those brave enough to stay the course.
- Everyone who graudated high school stop playing video games and reveling in cosplay.
The balls in our court conservatives. What are we going to do? Are we going to watch the ball pass by, swing and miss or are we going to smack it back with all of our force and win again?
Like what you read? Please share it with your friends